Monday 15 August 2011

Creating my playlist and working while looking like I want to fight!

I am writing this while I am waiting for my CDs to burn. I am allowed to listen to music during the surgery. Now it takes 4 - 5 hours so that potentially is between 4 and 7 CDs. I need to think very carefully about what I want, I don't want anything to heavy or jumpy, don't want to frighten the surgeon at a critical moment and don't want to put all mellow stuff on as I will get bored. I have decided to do more CDs than I need so I can decide during the surgery.

Also do I want podcasts? Maybe some Richard Herring or BBC fighting talk, they always go down well. Though you need to listen to them or sometimes you get lost. At least with music you can jump in and out when certain things are going on (I will be tested on various things to make sure I am ok at certain points.)

Few hours later...

So these are the CDs I have created:

Beatles
Daft Punk
Blondie
Deaumau5
Klaxons
Stereophonics
Queen
Blur
Incubus
Oasis
Foo Fighters
Electronic 80s
Funeral for a Friend
Air
Florence and The Machine

Also today I went back to work with my new hair cut! A lovely skin head (number 1 all over.) i have done it so i don't look a complete fool after my operation, my hair length will be at nearly even all over. I actually quite like it and so does my wife. Sadly it has shown me where I am losing hair but at least it's at the front and not on top like a monk. I had many comments at work, all saying I look a bit thuggish. I am not going to keep it like this but think it looks ok, I also like how I don't have to style it in the morning.

I start my steroids in the morning, dexamethasone, this is something to do with anaesthesia. Though I just took the prescription and said ok. Maybe I am a bit too laid back, but they would not give them to me for no reason. If you look at my body even though it is a woman's dream body I do not do steroids, it's all from surfing (on my iPad).

Tomorrow will be my last night at home for a while, going to enjoy my bed the next two nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment