Wednesday 7 September 2011

First appointment since the operation

We have just got back from Romford Hospital. It was my first meeting with my neurosurgeon since being in hospital. Had had a pretty good feeling about this as they had not rushed me back in in the past two and half weeks, but there was always a chance that something bad could come out of this.

The surgery went well, this is not an exact number but it is believed they have got 90% out. They had to stop the operation because there was a very painful area for me which they avoided as much as they could but as they went on they had to go back to it as it was all that was left. the more they took the more it hurt and the more out of it i became, this is when they stopped. During the removal they found my lump blead a lot and was causing a issues, it made it harder to operate on as they had to keep clearing the area.

They have discovered that the lump is a meningoma, if they would have known this before they would probably not have gone for a awake crainotomy and knocked me out while removing it. They have not been able to give an exact class of the tumour, rating 1 is the lowest (originally believed) and 4 is the highest. Because the tests could not give an exact result the rating for mine has been given a 1 / 2, just as a caution. This does mean i am going to have more frequent tests on the area than originally thought, my first scan will be in 2 weeks with a follow up just after.

Here is a link to what it is believed to be:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/braintumourbenign.shtml

I mentioned my eyesight, at the moment it is a total waiting game, I plan to just test my eye sight a bit each day, try to get used to it and build up the time i use my right eye.

Now it is a waiting game for a while and keep working on my recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Surgery goes well, this is not an exact figure, but believe they have 90%. Because for me is a very painful area, they avoided, because they can, but they go, they go back, because it is all the rest, they had to stop running.

    appointment setting

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you drink kefir, you can not just snap your immune system, but at the same time keeping your heart healthy.

    Powdered Biological Drain Maintainer

    ReplyDelete