Wednesday 25 April 2012

Back to the drawing board

Back from Egypt, the whole holiday I was fit free. I had a few funny moments and dizzy spells but nothing to worry about. First holiday I have had since being operated on, so this meant it was my first holiday with a swimming pool and beach so I was teased by them as was not allowed in!

I went back to work feeling relaxed and ready to go. For two days I felt good (as you can while at work). Them I woke up on the third day with the metallic taste in my mouth, this usually means I am going to have a fit but generally felt fine. I went into work the next day and the metallic taste was still there but it was different and I felt like a fit was on its way, I ended up going home from work in case I was going to have one, I still felt odd all day but nothing happened.

I woke up the next morning, usual routine, watching breakfast news and I felt like I was going to have a fit any second, so I ran into the bedroom and got on the bed and waited, nothing happened. After waiting I got up and went back on the sofa. Then 20 minutes later it happened again so I ran in the bedroom, next thing I know I wake up on the bed after having a fit. My wife said it was different to my standard fit, this time I was lying there, unresponsive with heavy and quick breathing for and 1.5 minutes. When I woke up I was not my abusive to her but wasn't sure what happened but realised I had bitten my cheek. I did not go into work and stayed at home, The seizure had taken all m energy so I went straight to sleep and slept for 3 hours even though I had just had a good nights sleep. When I woke up I still felt strange and went and watched television, for about 4 hours I was like a zombie and even though I was awake my memory was short term and couldn't really remember what I had watched 30 mins later. At about 4 my brain switched on and it was back to normal, it took the longest it ever has to 'reboot'.

As my medication is still not working i thought I have to see my NHS Neurologist to get me on some new medication. I had still not heard from the hospital after getting a request from my GP so rang my neurologists secretary as it had been 5 weeks with no response. I rang the secretary up and she informed me that no request had been received which is why I had no response. As I had got a referral she let me book an appointment on the phone. My usual wait time for an appointment is about 4 weeks, I was informed the next available appointment was DECEMBER!!! Only 2 months before my annual appointment I booked in February! Because I had had my operation and had been prescribed some tablets I was no longer an emergency and was not on the list to be rushed through, only way I can get in before is the small chance of a cancellation, but I have to ring up all the time and it does not guarantee a slot.


Due to my epilepsy not being managed properly I have also been put on less hours at work and my management responsibilities delegated to someone else. Due to not having much notice when I was going to be off I kept leaving my team in the lurch. I am still going to be working but if I feel funny I can just go and if I feel a bit funny but nothing to serious I can work from home, working with out the stress. He fully this will help make me better.

I am going to give it a week or so and see how I feel, but I need to change my medication, this looks like I am going to have to go private and go and see the doctor I have seen before. The NHS is letting me down!

Let's see how I feel next week, at the moment I am feeling it hard to let work responsibilities go but I am slowly letting go. Life of a modeller for me for a while, luckily I find it relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. Jesus Andrew, big love from this quadrant

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kind of courses are very important to the society that we live in if these kind of
    courses were start before the situation was much batter

    Gynecology instruments
    Orthopedic instruments

    ReplyDelete